Friday, September 19, 2014

Solitaire

By Sue

It's been awhile. I know. I wish I could say I was up to something cool, but really I've been a bit lazy. I've started multiple posts and typed one (almost).  What I have been doing is playing a lot of solitaire.

I have fond memories of playing solitaire as a child. I remember my adopted grandmother teaching me. I remember trying to cheat and getting scolded. I remember how I love to shuffle cards and how I always want the aces to be in this order - hearts, spades, diamonds, clubs.

You don't get that on an iPhone. But it does help me pass the time on my hour long commute home.

Yesterday (or maybe the day before, I can't remember, they all blend together) I got a notice that I have played 1,000 games. I'm not proud of this fact. Well, sorta. 1,000 is a lot of games. And I've learned a few things from playing that many games.

1. Sometimes you have to take a break, look away, and come back. Then you can see the moves. A change of perspective helps.

2. Ummmm...That's all I got.

I'll try to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment